About the American Institute for Roman Culture (AIRC)
To promote and defend Rome’s cultural heritage through educational programs, projects, and public outreach in conservation, video, and social media.
Roman culture lies at the heart of much of contemporary culture around the world. The American Institute for Roman Culture works tirelessly to preserve and protect Rome’s extraordinary and unique cultural legacy through education, outreach, and action.
Rome represents an unparalleled example of both physical and cultural sustainability, combining timeless art and architecture and one of the richest archaeological patrimonies in the world.
Through its unique outlook and partnerships and sponsorship, the American Institute for Roman Culture is an educational US non profit 501(c)3 organization (EIN 22-3885181) that offers
- study abroad programs (contact us for details, collaboration),
- collaborative internships,
- archaeological field school,
- visual communications (video, photography, social media),
- in person school visits; online site specific lectures,
- preservation initiatives
that aim to teach and inspire students all over the world about Rome’s ongoing legacy.